why study in dubai
Get to Know – Dubai
Dubai is unlike anywhere else on the planet. With its bold architecture and audacious style, the United Arab Emirates’ largest city is a distinct fusion of its Bedouin heritage and an ultramodern style of its own. Dubai doesn’t just live up to its reputation; it will completely exceed your expectations. Ideally situated at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa, making it easily accessible by air, land, and sea. One-third of the world’s population is within a four-hour flight, and two-thirds are within an eight-hour flight from Dubai.
Located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf, the emirate of Dubai shares borders with Abu Dhabi in the south, Sharjah in the northeast, and the Sultanate of Oman in the southeast. The city has become symbolic for its skyscrapers and high buildings, in particular the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.
Being considered as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world today,Dubai is also the region’s biggest business hub, with its centralised global location playing a vital role in international commerce. Most of us believe Dubai’s revenue comes primarily from oil,but Dubai has diversified its economy. It has enhanced other sectors of its economy by building physical infrastructure and trade.
There is much more to the vibrant and pulsating city of Dubai than its Gold Souk, dazzling desserts and breathtaking architectural beauty. And the one avenue that is fast emerging as Dubai’s most important specialty is its prominence as an Educational hub.
Benefits of Studying in Dubai
Dubai is gradually becoming one of the popular study destinations among students. With its great infrastructure,vast ever-inviting coastlines and a multicultural environment, Dubai has a magnetic charm that fascinates us in all its glory. Numerous world top institutions have their campuses in Dubai. Those who wish to pursue their higher education in Dubai will gain real international exposure along with a blend of western and Asian culture.
- Integrated Culture: Dubai is the place to discover the real meaning of the word internationalization.Not only do people who study in the UAE bring with them new experiences and perspectives, but they also interact and share these ideas.Citizens of more than a hundred nationalities have turned the city into a melting pot of culture and traditions.
- Reputed University: With an excellent academic system that stands on a par with western standards, Universities in Dubai are generally categorized as either belonging to local universities (founded in Dubai) or a university branch of a foreign university (founded in another country and having a campus in Dubai). Many reputed universities in Australia and the UK have their campuses in Dubai such as University of Wollongong, Murdoch University, Middlesex University and Heriot Watt University to name a few.
- Scholarships: Many universities in Dubai offer scholarships to International students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level to recognize their outstanding performance. The scholarships are based on the mutual agreement between the government and the universities. It generally covers around 15% to 50% of your fees payment depending on your merits.
- Life changing Experiences: The landscape beyond the city ranges from desert to sea and provides a variety of opportunities for sports and recreation. Great water sports, skydiving,trekking, dune-bashing are few great adventures that you can experience while your stay in Dubai.
- Safe Environment: Dubai is considered to be one of the safe places to live due to a strict moral code of conduct adhered by the residents. There are some strict do’s and don’t that people need to abide by. Thus, the country has more of a vibrant atmosphere which is ideal for students.
Dubai is gradually becoming a hotspot for International Students. If you are a prospective student considering Dubai to be your next study destination,here’s the basic process that one must follow to obtain their student visa.
Until now, international students were not allowed to work while studying. However, with the recent changes in the law, International students can take up part-time work and internships provided they meet the legal criteria and university requirements.
International students need to obtain permission from UAE’s Labour Department and must also have a university sponsorship to be eligible to obtain a work permit. There are several on-campus and off campus job opportunities that overseas students can take advantage of. Working while you study allows you to gain valuable experience of the workplace at the same time as being enrolled at University, helping you to make informed decisions about the career path you hope to follow after you graduate.