wy study in new zealand
Get to know – New Zealand
New Zealand is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean located southeast of Australia. With the capital city as Wellington and the largest urban area Auckland, the country is divided mainly into two islands: The North Island and the South Island. With a rich blend of cultures and geologically fascinating landscapes, New Zealand is a land of contracts and diversity.
With the population of less than five million people, New Zealand is also rich in its culture and heritage. Despite the decrease in the population of the indigeneous tribe of Maori, the Maori culture is still prevalent in the society and is much respected by the New Zealanders. Geographically, over three-quarters of the population live in the North Island, with one-third of the total population living in Auckland. The other main cities of Wellington, Christchurch and Hamilton are where the majority of the remaining Kiwis dwell. Also being a remotely located country, New Zealand has always been fully engaged in international affairs. The Commonwealth country has also been an active part of the United Nations.
Across New Zealand, you can find everything from untamed wilderness to rich culture. Find inspiration in towering mountains and serenity in golden beaches curled around quiet bays. Kiwis as they are popular called, have a laid-back charm and believe in finding a work-life balance.
New Zealand has always been a welcoming country. Immigrants from different areas of – Asia, Africa, Easter parts of Europe have made their mark in the country.This has been truly reflected in the NewZealand’s culture. A country that has so much to offer can surely be considered as your next study destination.
Benefits of Studying in New Zealand
All students seeking to broaden their cultural horizons, enjoy a great scenic beauty and wants to live in a multi-ethnic metropolis should definitely consider New Zealand as their future study destination. Being often overshadowed by its neighbouring country, Australia; New Zealand too has a lot of opportunities for International Students. Here are the few benefits to consider of studying abroad in New Zealand:
1. Quality Education: New Zealand Qualification are Internationally recognised by schools and universities, through the country’s participation in the Lisbon Recognition Convention and other interGovernmental agreements.New Zealand university system is research-based as it is based on the British education model.They focus more on hands on learning resulting in high quality learning experience.
2. Work Ready: A New Zealand education can give you the qualifications and skills to excel anywhere in the world in your chosen career.New Zealand’s teaching style and practical way of learning gives graduates strong employability skills — attributes valued by employers across a wide range of jobs and careers
3. Moderate Entry Requirements: Unlike many other popular study destinations,NewZealand is considered to have moderate requirements for International Students. The government of NewZealand has focused heavily on higher education in recent years. Thus, making it possible for universities to hold a greater capacity of students.
4. Great Adventures: NewZealand has always been a home for adrenaline seekers. Renowned for its naturally beautiful landscapes and great adventures, the best thing is that it is accessible from all eight universities in the country. From bungy jumping,to skydiving, white water rafting and more, a sports enthusiast is surely to fall in love with the country.
5. Amazing People:Kiwis are considered to be the most warm,welcoming and the nicest people in the world. The population is a diverse mix of cultures with people from different parts of the world creating a vibrant community. You would have an amazing opportunity to create some countless memories with the people you meet while on your study program.
Over the past years, New Zealand has witnessed a consistent growth in the number of students preferring New Zealand as a study abroad destination over other countries.You need a student visa, if you plan to study in New Zealand for more than 3 months. Here the generic process to obtain your study grant in NewZealand.
Working while studying in NewZealand is a great way to supplement your finances, meet new people and learn about the work culture in NewZealand. As an International student in New Zealand you work upto 20 hours a week during the academic year and up to 40 hours a week during the summer break. It may not always be easy to find a job. However, if you meet all the job requirements, you do have a decent chance of finding a part-time opportunity. You could look for opportunities on campus, or you could venture beyond the campus for opportunities as a retail sales assistant, supermarket assistant, call center worker, or even as a seasonal worker in a vineyard or orchard.You are entitled to get a minimum wage which is roughly around $19NZD.
NewZealand is one of the few countries that strongly believes in work-life balance. The economy of the country continues to grow and improve creating many jobs over all sectors of the industry.There are large vacancies in sectors like Engineering, Business, Health and Social Services and Science which international students can take advantage of. The increasing work opportunities is making NewZealand a favourable study destination for international students.
If you are looking to work in your field of study once you graduate, we recommend that you start early. Start exploring your career options, research on employers you would like to work with, get your hands on acquiring the right skills for the job, attend career events, apply for graduate programs or start with internships. You need to enhance your employability as good grades alone won’t help you land your dream job. You’ll also be expected to possess excellent English language skills, and be able to demonstrate a range of work-related skills and personal qualities relevant to the job. Whatever your career option might be, make sure you utilize the best of your time in learning and improvement.
“My experience with Trans Globe was positive,thanks to their hardworking staff. I was already late with my application but was assured by Trans Globe that I should be able to get my visa on time. Till date I was a little skeptical until the time I was notified that I had received my visa - even earlier than I expected. So would definitely recommend Trans Globe to everyone”