WHY STUDY IN USA
Get to Know the USA!
Having to live a life in the USA, means wealth of options. Whether you prefer a bustling metropolis or a quiet town, everybody has a place in the United States of America. With a surface area of a little under 10 million square kilometers, the USA is one of the largest countries in the world. The country is divided into 50 breathtaking states and has a population of over 331 million people.Located in North America, the country is bordered on the west by the Pacific Ocean and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean. Along the northern border is Canada and the southern border is Mexico.
The population of America is just as multifaceted as its climates, landscapes, flora and fauna.The country’s culture has been enriched by the values and belief systems of virtually every part of the world.Throughout its history, the United States has always been a country of immigrants. Being an undisputed leader in the field of research, innovation along with a highly stabilized economy; the country offers endless opportunities.Thus,people from across the globe come here seeking refuge or a better way of life.
If you are planning to live, learn and grow – the United States is a place to be. Home to the venerable Ivy League, the United States has plenty of top-ranked universities. Some of the best, highest ranked institutions are in the United States. Throughout the world, their colleges and schools hold a great reputation, inviting students from everywhere to learn from some of the biggest names in their field.From the perspective of an International Student, if you want to experience a great sense of adventure, then let’s get you started on your educational journey.
Benefits of Studying in the USA
The United States of America is one the most sought after study destinations. With thousands of academic programs, world-class institutions, and unmatched flexibility, the country offers a wealth of higher-education opportunities that you will not find anywhere else in the world. Some of the ley benefits include:
- Experience the Diversity: Being one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world, the United States is home to thousands of international students from all over the globe.As an International student you will experience new cultures, meet new friends and learn new languages.You will get to experience a culture rich in history and backgrounds different from your own.
- Range of Educational Choices: No other country can compete with the diversity of programs offered by universities and colleges in the USA.You will be able to study some of the most innovative subjects and interact with well-known scholars who will guide you during your study years.Depending on the experience you want, you can also consider the university’s location, courses, tuition fees,faculties, facilities and more.
- Cutting Edge Education: The United States is at the forefront of technology, research and innovation. Most US Universities are equipped with the best equipment and resources for their students.While studying here, you will be exposed to advanced technology and if you are fortunate enough you may get to study from a leading scholar in your chosen field.
- Career Advancement: Universities and colleges in the US allows you to gain valuable work experience while studying as a way to kickstart your professional career. You may have an opportunity to obtain an internship during your time at the university. This will result in an added advantage to get hands on experience and get access to better-paying jobs after graduation.
- Multiple scholarships opportunities: If you are an international student looking to study in the US, there are a range of scholarship options available.Almost all universities shall have scholarship programs open for international students as well,however, you will need to appear for certain exams and clear the eligibility criteria.
- Vibrant Campus Life: Irrespective of which university or college you choose, US is known for its vibrant campus life. You will find yourself in the midst of new cultural experiences and the American way of life.Students can join a club, become a leader in student councils, write for the university newsletters or pursue their hobbies.
Any student wanting to obtain an admission in the US university must apply for their student visa. Obtaining your student visa can be a lengthy process,so make sure you start preparing well in advance. In general, prospective students will need to go through the below process in order to successfully reach their study destination:
Working while studying can be a great opportunity to earn money while in the US, and international students can expect to make at least minimum wage. Different student visas have different rules and limits for allowing international students to pick up part-time jobs during their course of study in the US. Being an International student, the job hunting process can sometimes become a bit difficult but it’s always good to plan ahead. You must keep a track of rules and regulations that affect your employment status in the United States – both as a graduate and after graduation.
Unless you have obtained a special permission by the Designated School Official (DSO), you are not allowed to take up work k in the first year at the US university, college or institution. You can work for a maximum of 20 hours per week on-campus while the university is in session, and 40 hours per week during vacation period. Once you have completed your one full academic year, you can look for off-campus employment upon authorization by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are basically 3 options for off-campus employment:
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Optional Practical Training Extension (OPT)
Now in order to obtain a good reputed job in your industry once you have graduated, the basic ground rule is to begin your job search before your graduation.It is always a good idea to make the best use of the resources around you. Getting a helping hand from the International Student Office and Career Development Center will provide some key information. Another best way to find your future employer is to begin networking early. Around 70% of jobs are filled through solid connections. Take advantage of your college community and talk to alumni groups who have gone through the same processes.Make sure you don’t give up. It is very essential to stay positive about your abilities. This will show confidence and will inspire employers to want to invest in you.The team at Trans Globe shall be with you at every step on your career advancement journey.
“Preparing with Trans Globe was a great experience. Not only did they help me with selection of university, visa procedures but also with my SAT and IELTS Coaching. They provided me with all the required resources, however, I would want them to have more such great materials as during my time I had practiced them all”
“Trans Globe has been supportive throughout my journey from admissions to getting my visa.The counsellors provided good support in helping me select the right university and the admission process team guided me well to clear my visa exam. I am very thankful to the team at Trans Globe.”
“I had a very good and a decent experience at Trans Globe. Everybody from the team was very humble and solved all my problems.Any questions I had were answered straight-away by the counsellors. I am extremely grateful that I gave my case to Trans Globe. They handled it like a pro.”