Nelson Mandela has rightly said that education is the most important weapon which you can use to change the world. Education today has become one of the most important and essential assets. However, at the same time, it is often challenging to get an affordable education and as a result, scholarships have become vital for students to progress academically and personally. While scholarships are more important than ever from the financial perspective, it also proves to be a motivating factor for students to perform best to their abilities and strive towards excellence. As a student from India, you can avail a scholarship in various international universities in countries such as the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand and ultimately lower your cost of education.
The single biggest query students generally have is how to get a scholarship to study abroad. Well, scholarships are generally provided in numerous categories and universities provide you scholarships after assessing your eligibility for the same. Here, we guide you on these categories which are as follows:
- The most common method of availing scholarships for international students is a merit-based scholarship. This scholarship is offered on the basis of students’ academic and extracurricular achievements. In some cases, these are also cover multiple academic years based on the students’ performance and involvement. Thus, these scholarships not only exempt a certain amount of tuition fees but also motivate students to perform consistently better in their academic tenure.
- Another commonly offered scholarship to students is the destination-based scholarships where government and universities grant bursaries to students from specific countries. Indian students can also target International scholarships for Indian students that are offered by many organizations and universities as well. For example, in Australia, there are scholarships such as India Global Leaders Scholarship at the University of Queensland and the University of Adelaide Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Indian Students and similarly, in the UK, there is the British Council GREAT scholarship for Indian Students and Sussex India Scholarships.
- Student Specific Scholarships is a type of scholarship which is provided based on factors such as gender, race, religion, family and medical history. This allows universities to have a great level of diversity by offering scholarships for students from many different backgrounds, and with many diverse interests.
- Need-Based scholarships is the next type of scholarship provided to students from financially modest backgrounds. They are provided after evaluating the monetary and financial history and circumstances of the students through relevant documents.
- Many times, grants are offered on the basis of the subjects and program. Program-Based Scholarships or Subject Specific Scholarships are designed for students with definite educational and career interests. As students start progressing in their educational journey, scholarships tend to be more subjects specific that target distinct study programs within a wider discipline like a business, engineering, communications, and social science.
Scholarships, grants, and bursary in any form are a blessing and its advantages are evident. It is crucial that students are guided in the right path to be eligible for the respective scholarships and we at Transglobe are always at your service to assist you in your queries relating to the same. With our years of experience and our motto to always provide you with the right solutions, you can rely on us to give you the guidance to achieve an affordable and enriching education in global universities.