pearson test of english
Pearson Test of English (PTE) is a computer-based test which assesses the Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing abilities of non-native speakers of English who need to demonstrate their academic English capability – often to obtain places at English-speaking universities, higher education institutions or as proof of their language ability for a visa application. The test is accepted in 3000 courses worldwide in UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA and more. PTE is trusted by many universities, colleges and governments around the world and is an unbiased proof of candidate’s English skills.
Pearson Test of English conducts the tests in two types:
- PTE Academic: prospective students wanting to study abroad or for immigration purposes in countries like Australia and New Zealand.
- PTE General : mainly to measure their English language proficiency
brief on each section
Speaking and Writing
The Part 1 of the test (Speaking & Writing) tests your writing skills in PTE Academic. Your speaking skills will be judged by getting you the questions that ask you to repeat the sentences spoken in an audio clip, respond to the questions asked, and summarize the passages on academic topics. It assesses your speaking, listening, and writing skills.
This section contains passages and questions to assess your reading skills. It contains a single timed section. For each question, you will have to read the instructions carefully before answering it.
Your listening skills are tested in this section. However, you will also have some integrated speaking and listening questions in another part.
|Speaking and writing||77 – 93 Mins.|
|Reading||32 – 41 Mins.|
|Break the break is optional.||10 Mins.|
|Listening||45 – 57 Mins.|
|Total test time||3 hrs|
|Score Validity||2 years|
|Registration Mode||Online or Trans Globe centre|
|Mode of payment||Credit card / PTE Voucher (cash)|
|Score Reporting time||approximately 5 days
|Test Administration Frequency||On fixed date
|Test Repetition Policy||Next available date
|Extra Score Reporting Fee||No fee
|Nature of Test||Computer based test
guidance from transglobe
- Personal guidance is ensured by one to one coaching, which lets you provide intensive and focused class room teaching.
- Study material including sample papers of previous tests are provided at Trans Globe.
- Simulated tests are provided to offer our students the real experience.
- Comprehensive onsite-library for language building is accessible. Our trainers build a learning environment for their students to prepare them well and give them the confidence they need.