WHY STUDY IN CANADA
GET TO KNOW – CANADA
Covering most of the northern part of the North American continent and with an area larger than that of the United States, Canada is the second largest country in the world in area. Canada is a federation with nine provinces and three territories with Ottawa as its capital city. Despite Canada’s great size, it is one of the world’s most sparsely populated countries, with a relatively small population of only thirty-five million people, mostly based in the urban areas.
Canada is also known for its outstanding natural beauty and the grandeur of the landscape. The country features black-blue lakes, numerous rivers, majestic western mountains, rolling central plains, and forested eastern valleys. The country has more lakes than the rest of the world combined. With distinct seasons – the winters can get quite cold and snowy and then warm summers. Best way to survive is making the best of nature’s offerings.
Canada embraces diversity, pluralism and multiculturalism. Generations of immigrants have received a warm welcome to the nation. Canadians are known to celebrate diversity and are always inclusive and also respectful to those from different origins and backgrounds. If you are planning a move to this country, you would need to learn to evolve, to successfully adjust and achieve greater success this country has to offer.
Canadian culture is influenced by British and French traditions, but its historical openness towards immigration means the country is a melting pot of many different cultures. Canadians encourage foreigners to retain their own values and culture. The nation’s easygoing attitude makes it a fantastic place to study for international students of any background. So if you are planning to make Canada as your next study destination, you have definitely made a smart choice.
Benefits of Studying in Canada
Thousands of international students apply to Canada every year and have amazing experiences to share. Studying in Canada comes with a large number of benefits, from the countless on-campus programs for integrating students, down to the immigration programs designed to help facilitate permanent residency applications. Canada has a reputation for educational excellence.
- Affordable Education: When compared to other English-speaking countries, studying in Canada is quite affordable. The overall cost for an International student to study in Canada depends on the student’s own needs and ‘lifestyle’. Each university has a different tuition level and each city has different living costs. Generally, though, it is estimated that students from abroad would need between CDN $ 15,000 and CDN $ 26,000 or more, depending on their school and program.Canada offers the lowest tuition rates for International students compared to Australia, New Zealand, the U.K and the USA. For example, in the USA costs for public universities were almost 1/3 higher than fees for Bachelor’s degrees in Canada, while U.S. private university fees were more than double those of Canadian universities.
- Promising Future: Students who graduate from Canadian universities and colleges have a strong earning potential. Canadians place great importance on learning and have developed a first-rate education system with high standards. The country spends more on education (as a percentage of GDP) compared to the OECD average, and is the second highest among G-8 countries.
- Diversity and Cosmopolitan Environment: Canada has a highly diverse population, resulting in a rich and vibrant cultural scene. Canadians are one of the friendliest people and are always welcoming. You will get to experience a multicultural environment surrounding your classrooms.
- Canadian Education System: Canada provides limitless opportunities and a wide variety of courses with an inbuilt flexibility to choose pathways that serve their long term career goals. Institutions deliver practical and career- oriented training that equips students with skills demanded by the employers. The Canadian approach to vocational education and training is now recognized as amongst the best and most innovative in the world. Emphasis is laid on technology – based learning and the universities have earned a reputation for their innovative and research – intensive culture. University programmes are organised through traditional lectures, combined with workshops, group work, assignments and projects. They guide you to become independent learners.
- Safe environment: Safety is always the prime concern for anyone travelling abroad. The Canadian Government plays a pro-active role in ensuring that international students who come to Canada for their studies have legal protection. Canada is considered to be one of the safest counties in the world with low crime rate and a high quality of life.
Canada provides an easy and transparent Student Visa Process. Below is a brief overview of the process flow to obtain your student visa.
Working while studying is one of the many reasons Canada has become a favourable study destination for International students. However, there are a few things you need to be aware of before you begin your employment. Most Canadian study permits allow a full-time international student to work up to 20-hours per week during regular school sessions and undertake full-time employment during scheduled breaks.
You may be allowed to work on or off campus depending on your study permit.Foreign students who have been issued a study permit to study at a publicly funded institution are allowed to work off campus while studying. To work off-campus, you do not have to apply for a work permit. The study permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks. You will always be required to apply for SIN (Social insurance number) from Service Canada before you begin to work anywhere in Canada.
The sky’s the limit in terms of establishing your career in Canada. You will have countless opportunities but you will need to look for them at the right time and at the right place. The post-graduation work program is designed to provide students with Canadian work experience in their field of study. This program allows certain students to work for up to three years after their graduation.
Students graduating from a program up to 2 years duration may be eligible for a work permit up to the duration of study. For students studying for 2 years or more may be eligible for a work permit up to 3 years. For example students graduating from an eight-month certificate program would only be eligible for a work permit of eight month certificate program. Students completing a two year diploma or a four year degree program would be eligible for a three years work permit
“Very pleased with the fast services and timely response from the team. They were able to solve all my queries starting from my counselling process till the time I got my visa. Very knowledgeable.”
“They are very supportive and helpful. They were calm and helped me in every complex situation.I am glad I chose Trans Globe to deal with my visa process. The team is very experienced and provides you with the right information and guidance. Highly recommended.”
“Overall experience with the team of Trans Globe has been good and satisfactory. They had always provided the complete checklist of the documents required and this saves a lot of time and is very efficient. All the visa documents to be submitted were explained properly. Thank you for your great efforts”