why study in uk
Get to Know – UK
The United Kingdom, popularly known as the UK comprises the historic countries of England, Wales and Scotland, as well as Northern Ireland. With a population of around 66 million people, the UK remains as an economic and military power with great political and cultural influence around the globe. With London as the capital city, few of the other popular cities include Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, and Edinburgh and so on.
The UK is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy, with a queen and a parliament that has two houses. As one of five permanent members of the UN Security Council, a founding member of NATO, and the Commonwealth, the UK pursues a global approach to foreign policy.
Everywhere around in the United Kingdom you will be surrounded by thousands of years of history. A simple walk down the road can turn into an impromptu history lesson. Apart from the rich history, UK is home to some of the best museums, music and the greatest sports team in the world. Living in the UK is also about strolling through the fabled countryside and enjoying a coastline that is beyond beautiful.
Since years, the country has been a home to several migrants looking for a new start. It is considered to be one of the best places to live, work and maintain a high quality of life. Being an incredible mix of international cultures, contemporary thinking along with a strong sense of identity and tradition; the UK shall offer you with some exciting experiences. So if you are looking for the UK as your next study destination, you are assured of countless opportunities at your doorstep.
Benefits of Studying in United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is definitely considered as an educational hub for students around the globe. Whether it is a fast-paced life of London or a laid back culture of Edinburgh, you will definitely fall in love with the United Kingdom. Here are the few benefits of studying in the United Kingdom:
Degree Quality Assurance: UK universities are investigated frequently to guarantee that they maintain the standard expectations of educating, learning and research set by the Government. The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is the key body in charge of keeping up these principles. The UK government announces lists of formally perceived colleges and universities so you can be certain that the one you pick has passed every one of the tests for quality confirmation.
Home to the world’s greatest Universities: UK has always been one of the favourable study destinations for International Students. With traditions of excellence dating back hundreds of years, it has high class institutions at every corner. The country is home to some of the world’s renowned universities such as University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College and more.
Culture Diversity: Being a home to thousands of international students, the country is sure to offer you with multicultural experiences and an opportunity to meet new people. With a racial, ethnic and religious jumble, the UK is very open to new traditions and cultures. This can help you develop a range of desirable skills that are necessary to be part of today’s global workforce.
Free healthcare benefits: The country has a national health system known as National Health Service (NHS). If you are a TIER-4 visa student enrolled in a full time course and studying for 6 months or more, you have access to the NHS.
Scholarships: Financing your international education can definitely be hard. However, its always a good idea to research for scholarships before you apply. Several universities offer scholarships and study grants to international students.
Getaway to Europe: Being in the UK is of a great advantage as it allows you to easily travel around Europe. With access to Channel Tunnel and low cost airlines, weekend getaway will be very easy and exciting. Make sure you make countless memories while you’re in the UK.
You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
- have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor.You must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed student sponsor.To prove this, your education provider will send you a reference number (called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)) once they’ve offered you a place on the course. You need a CAS before you can apply for your visa.
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course
- Proficiency in English Language.
- have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply
- A letter of acceptance on the course- CAS letter will be issued once funds are 28 days old.
- Pay online – Pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card for the amount of 348 GBP i.e INR 33,060/- approx
- Pay online – Pay National Health Insurance Surcharge online using Visa or MasterCard credit or Debit card for the amount of 400 GBP/year i.e INR 38,000/- approx.
- You must book and attend an appointment at our visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints and submit your Visa application.
- Receive your passport stamped with approval within ten days of Visa Lodgment .
- The TIER 4 Student Visa is now replaced by a New Route Student Visa allowing international students to get a visa comparatively with ease and stay in UK post study.
Plenty of courses are available in the British Universities making the country one of the world’s most popular study destinations for higher education. Universities in the UK design their courses to prepare each and every student to evolve professionally to meet and overcome the global challenges that lay ahead. Studying in the UK enhances students’ overall experience of seeing things from an International market perspective and allows them to become more accessible to the global network.
The biggest advantage of the UK educational system in comparison to other educational destinations worldwide provides shorter duration programs.
- Foundation Degree
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Higher National Diploma
- Certificate of Higher Education
Furthermore introduction of the two year post-study work visa may also encourage international student applications. This means students can stay in the UK and seek employment after completing a degree. Another unique factor about the education system in the UK is the Quality Assurance System. The UK has an independent body that assesses and compares universities and colleges in the country through regular audits and reviews. Thus, the standard for quality of education is maintained amongst all universities in the UK.
- Available at UG and PG Levels, duration of the course depends on your scores
- 10+2 with 65%
- 3 Years & 4 Years in case of Sandwich programs
- IELTS Requirement : 6.0 bands overall with no less than 5.5 in each module.
- 1 year course: 10+2+3 with at least 60%.
- IELTS Requirement: 6.5 bands overall with no less than 6.0 in each module.
- 1 year course will help you secure 2 years of post study work permit.
- 2 Years in case of Placement Year. This will also allow you to secure a two year work permit.
The United Kingdom is regarded as the global business hub and a business degree from a university in the UK is widely recognised around the globe. The country’s economy continues to grow and stands tall as one of the largest economies in the world. Here are few reasons why one should opt to study business in UK:
- Global Recognition – A Business Degree in the UK will be widely accepted around the world. A Business Graduate in the UK is said to gain employment within six months of graduation. Being a home to some top universities in the world, a business degree from the UK is going to be a highlight in your resume.
- Reputed Universities – The British education system is globally recognised around the world. With over 100 business schools to choose from, you are sure to find your right fit. The quality of the UK education remains intact with regular checking by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
- Opportunities in the UK – If you are a prospective student looking to study a business degree, there aren’t many places to look rather than to start your journey in the UK. It is home to many multinational companies and successful start-ups. So if you are looking for an internship over summer or wish to work with a top-notch finance company, the UK is the place to be.
So if you are a prospective student planning to pursue a business related course, think no further. Meet our expert counsellors who can help you study a business degree in the UK.
- University of Hertfordshire
- London South Bank University
- Heriot Watt University
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Coventry University
- Middlesex University
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London (UCL)
- Imperial College London
- University of Edinburgh
- King’s College London (KCL)
- University of Manchester
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Bristol
- University of Warwick
The cost of studying an undergraduate degree in the UK is generally higher compared to studying a postgraduate degree. In general the average tuition fees for pursuing an Undergraduate degree for overseas students is between 10000GBP – 15000 GBP. This varies from the university you have selected, the course and the location.
Alongwith the tuition fees, you need to consider the living expenses. The living expenses include accommodation, food, transport, entertainment. On an average you would need 1000GBP-1500GBP per month depending on your lifestyle and the location. For example, if you plan to stay in London, these costs may be around 12006 GBP but those living outside London, cost can range around 9207 GBP. Below table shows the approximate expenses for an International student living in the UK.
Cost (GBP) per month
Accommodation ( halls of residence, usually including bills)
Bills ( Electricity,water,gas)
Food and Groceries
*Please note the above figures are just an approximate and can vary depending on your lifestyle.
In order to start your education in the United Kingdom as an International Student, you need to obtain a Tier-4 Student Visa. The process is simpler, transparent and user friendly to international students who have received their offer letters. Please see an overview of the process below:
Being one of the most popular study destinations, UK attracts a large proportion of international students. Luckily International students are allowed to work part-time while being on their UK Tier-4 students’ visa. However, finding a job in the UK can be a strenuous task. You need to be consistent in your job hunting process.
Whether you can work as an International Student depends mostly on two major restrictions: those set by your university and the rules set by the government. Following are the generic set rules if you are on your Tier-4 visa:
- Maximum of 20 hours per week for those studying at a degree level
- Full-time work is allowed during vacations
- Self-employment is not permitted, like any freelance or consultancy work
- Also. before you start work, You will need to have applied for a National Insurance number to be eligible to work in the UK,
During the course of your study, if your syllabus demands a course of work, then there is a fixed time-limit you should work. Currently, if you’re attending such a course you’re allowed to work for the period of time which is less than 33% of the whole duration of your course.
The UK has always been an attractive study destination for Indian students, but staying in the UK after you finish your course can be difficult. In view of the recent developments, students who are now enrolled for courses starting 2020/21 can stay back for two years after the completion of their course. To improve the chances of your employability, you should indulge yourself in different job roles to get the experience of working under an employer in the UK. Every UK University also has a career services team who guide students on where to apply for the right job, preparing your resume and also provide you with tips to ace the interview. Although remaining in the UK to work is not easy, however, opportunities are available to qualified international graduates.
“Trans Globe is a very reputed institution/agency which makes the application and visa process so viable and convenient. I am extremely grateful for the faculty at Trans Globe who were so supportive throughout the process. Thank you for making this possible”
“Thank you to the team at Trans Globe. Really appreciate how quickly you guys applied and received the offer letter for me. Helping me select the university and getting my visa application done with ease.”
“Everything was done exceptionally at Trans Globe. Everything including the appointments, financial documents, course selection, and visa application was handled perfectly. I would appreciate the effort of all my counsellors for their constant support and efforts they put in my visa application.”